GENERAL AND IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
- The applicant must ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility conditions for the post
- Candidates with requisite qualifications and experience acquired from recognized University/Institutions need only apply.
- Minimum eligibility for each position is governed by the Regulations prescribed by the UGC/ AICTE/ NCTE/Pondicherry University from time to time in this regard. Notification and qualifications specific to individual positions are given at www.pondiuni.edu.in
- Any changes/corrigendum/amendments/updation/cancellation notice related to the recruitment process shall be published on official website of Pondicherry University (www.pondiuni.edu.in) only and not in the newspapers. Therefore, candidates are advised to check the University Website regularly.
- Candidates are advised to fill up the online application carefully and provide the information as required. Candidates can contact Helpline in case of any difficulty in filling up the application Form.
- Eligibility Criteria:-
The eligibly shall be ascertained strictly on the basis of Academic/Research Score obtained as per Appendix II Table: 2 and Table 3(a) of UGC Regulations, 2018 subject to fulfilling all the essential eligibility criteria as mentioned for Direct Recruitment on the post of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in the UGC Regulations, 2018.
6.1. Visit UGC
6.2. Visit AICTE
6.3. Area of Specialization and eligibility of specific posts
6.4. API Score calculation for Associate Professors (Table 2)
6.5. API Score calculation for Assistant Professors (Table 3 A)
- Mere possession of eligibility conditions shall not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. The cut-off date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the closing date as prescribed in the advertisement for receipt of the applications. In other words no candidate shall be called for interview if he/she does not possess the minimum qualification and experience etc. as on the last date of the application for a particular post.
- The National Eligibility Test (NET) or an accredited test (State Level Eligibility Test SLET/SET) shall remain the minimum eligibility for appointment of Assistant Professor and equivalent positions wherever provided in these Regulations. Further, SLET/SET shall be valid as the minimum eligibility for direct recruitment to
Universities/Colleges/Institutions in the respective state only.
Provided that the candidates who have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulation, 2009 or the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/Ph.D. Degree) Regulation,2016, and their subsequent amendments from time to time, as the case may be, shall be exempted from the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or any equivalent position in any University, College or Institution.
Provided further that the award of degree to candidates registered for the M.Phil/Ph.D programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances / Bye-laws / Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree.
All such Ph.D. degree holders shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in regular mode only;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been adjudicated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers, based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ ICSSR/CSIR or any similar national or international agency.
The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
- NET/SLET/SET qualification shall not be required for candidates in such disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET has not been conducted.
- A minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed) at the Master‘s level shall be the essential qualification for direct recruitment of teachers and other equivalent cadres at any level.
- A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master‘s level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes (OBC)(Non-creamy Layer)/Differentlyabled ((a) Blindness and low vision; (b) Deaf and Hard of Hearing; (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid-attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness) for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
- A relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% marks) to the Ph.D. degree holders who have obtained their Master‘s degree prior to 19TH September, 1991.
- A relevant grade equivalent of 55% marks, wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university, at the Master‘s level shall also be considered valid.
- The Ph.D. degree shall be a mandatory qualification for appointment to the post of Professor/ Associate Professor.
- The time taken by candidates to acquire M.Phil. and / or Ph.D. degree shall not be considered as teaching/ research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions. Further the period of active service spent on pursuing research degree simultaneously with teaching assignment without taking any kind of leave, shall be counted as teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment.
- No person shall be appointed to the post of University and College teacher, Librarian or Director of Physical Education and Sports, in any university or in any of institutions including constituent or affiliated colleges recognized under clause (f) of Section 2 of the UGC Act, 1956 or in an institution deemed to be a University under Section 3 of the said Act if such person does not fulfill the required qualifications for the appropriate post as provided in the Schedule 1 of these Regulations.
- API format as per the UGC regulations, 2018 as amended from time to time.
- Do not upload copies of papers which have been submitted or which have not yet been published or have not been accepted for publication. These will not be counted to assess the API Score.
- A Good Academic Record means a minimum of 50% Marks in each of the public examinations beginning 12th grade.
- Percentage equivalence of Grade Points on a scale of seven as per the UGC Guidelines dated 30.06.2010 is as follows:
It is hereby clarified that where the University/College/Institution declare results in grade points which is on scale of seven, the following yardstick shall be adopted to determine equivalent marks in percentage.
Grade Grade Point Percentage Equivalent ‘O’ – Outstanding 5.50 - 6.00 75 -100 ‘A’ – Very Good 4.50 - 5.49 65 - 74 ‘B’ – Good 3.50 - 4.49 55 - 64 ‘C’ – Average 2.50 - 3.49 45 - 54 ‘D’ – Below Average 1.50 - 2.49 35 - 44 ‘E’ – Poor 0.50 - 1.49 25 - 34 ‘F’ – Fail 0 - 0.49 0 - 24
- Candidates may note that the qualification as amended by the UGC from time to time shall be applicable. Candidates are advised to check UGC website (www.ugc.ac.in) for updated information.
- The direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor in the University shall be on the basis of merit through all India advertisement, screening and selection procedure by the duly constituted Committees in accordance with the provisions given in the UGC Regulations, 2018/NCTE Regulations (as the case may be) as amended from time to time, and provisions given in the University Act/Statutes/Ordinances/Rules etc.
- Excellent academic background, high quality publications, potential to get research funding from Government agencies and industries, appropriate academic Professional activities undertaken and a good innovative teaching record will be some of the important criteria for the selection of faculty members.
- Applicants having ability to carry out interdisciplinary teaching and research and experience in developing e-content courses may be given preference.
- Appointed teachers may be assigned other academic or administrative responsibilities in addition to their regular teaching and research including development of Distance Education courses, etc.,
- At present, the UGC and the University rules prescribe the following teaching load of up to 16 hours per week for Assistant Professors and up to 14 hours for Associate Professors and Professors. Teachers should also be prepared to teach all the basic courses in their subject and related areas which may not be necessarily in their specialization.
- Any candidate, who has applied earlier informally and sent his/her biodata/academic vitae to the Vice-Chancellor or any other competent authority of the University through e-mail / post, will not be considered under any circumstances, must formally apply following the above procedures.
- Candidates are urged to give as much details of their academic accomplishments as possible by attaching certificates, testimonials, brief write up on awards/ research highlights, citations index of their publications, awards and honors received.
- Salary, terms and conditions of services and superannuation will be according to the UGC norms as amended from time to time. Candidates selected against a post shall be required to sign service agreement as prescribed by the University/UGC on joining.
- Fake/derecognized Institutions: Candidates, who have obtained degrees or diplomas or certificates for various courses from any Institution declared fake/derecognized by the UGC/or any other Statutory Bodies shall not be eligible for being considered for recruitment to the posts advertised.
- Candidates who have been awarded degrees by recognized foreign Universities should enclose “Equivalence Certificate” issued by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi, without which their candidature will not be considered and application will summarily be rejected.
- In accordance with the UGC regulations 2018 including amendments, candidates applying for the post of Assistant Professor must submit a certificate in the prescribed format (as applicable) from the concerned University to the effect that their Ph.D. degree is in compliance with UGC Regulations for award of Ph.D. degree, if they have not qualified in NET.
- The University reserves the right to offer a lower rank position against a higher rank position depending on the suitability of the candidate.
- The University may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview on the basis of higher norms than the minimum prescribed qualification and experience or by any other condition the University may deem to be fit.
- In respect of the points connected with standard publications and API score, the decision of the screening committee/University Authority will be final.
- Weightage points for Academic Performance are given based on the marks obtained in UG and PG degree. Therefore, the candidates must attach copies of all mark statements (UG& PG) failing which the points will be given based on the minimum marks applicable for the respective class as decided by the University.
- The University shall verify the antecedents and documents submitted by a candidate at any time at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to assess his/her eligibility for the post for which he/she is applying in accordance with the prescribed qualification, experience etc and submit his/her application duly filled-in along with required information, documents and other supporting materials as per the advertisement. Suppression of factual information, production of fake documents, providing false or misleading information or any other undesirable action by the candidate shall lead to cancellation of his/her candidature. In case, it is detected at any point of time in future even after appointment that the candidate was not eligible as per the prescribed qualification, experience, etc. which could not be detected at the time of interview due to whatever circumstances, his/her appointment shall be liable for termination forthwith without any notice.
- Certificate in support of experience should be in proper format i.e. it should be on the organization’s letter head bearing the date of issue, specified period of work, name and designation of the issuing authority along with signature.
- All supporting documents are required to be uploaded after self-attestation and hence, candidates are advised to prepare the pdf files of each of the required documents before starting the online application process. Publications need not be self-attested.
- The academic and research score calculated in the online form is only indicative of the applicants eligibility and it shall be confirmed following due scrutiny by the appropriate committee constituted by the University as per the UGC norms and subject to verification.
- The academic and research scores are calculated automatically in the online application form. Candidates are required to mention the serial number of the journal as indicated by UGC, impact factor (JCR) and author status related to all the publications.
- Candidates must upload the first page of all publications listed in online application, failing which such publications will not be considered for calculation of API score, and the candidate may not be called for interview due to lack of the minimum API score as per the norms. Candidates are required to bring hard copies of all publications along with hard copy of the application form at the time of interview.
- The proof of peer reviewed journal status, impact factor, authorship claim etc. should be provided with valid document, failing which points will not be allotted as per the claim. University will not be responsible for any mistake in score due to not providing valid proof.
- Relaxation in percentage of marks etc. may be applicable to the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC/PwBD/EWS categories as per the UGC guidelines. A certificate towards proof of respective categories issued from the competent authority as per the proforma of Govt. of India should be attached with the prescribed application form. If the relevant certificates in case of respective reserved categories are not attached with the application, the application shall be rejected and no appeal will be entertained.
- Candidates belonging to OBC creamy layer category will not be entitled to the benefits of reservation. The University follows the Central Government list in the case of OBCs. Candidates claiming OBC reservation should submit appropriate certificate in the prescribed format issued recently by the competent authority specifically with reference to Non-Creamy Layer. Those who fail to submit the OBC Non-Creamy Layer certificate will be treated as General Category, subject to fulfillment of other conditions and availability of vacancies in the respective advertisement.
- The PwBD candidates with less than 40% of relevant disability shall not be considered.
- Only Matriculation/Secondary School/Higher Secondary School passing certificate issued by the concerned educational board will be considered as proof of date of birth. No other document will be accepted for verification of date of birth.
- The candidate must upload soft copies of all certificates and relevant documents in support of their claim in the online application form wherever necessary. The original certificates would be required at the time of interview only.
- The in-service candidate(s) of Govt./Private Universities/Colleges/Autonomous bodies must Produce NOC, integrity/vigilance clearance certificate from their employer at the time of interview, if not uploaded at the time of applying.
- Candidates must be in sound health. They must, if selected be prepared to undergo such medical examination and satisfy such medical authority as the University may require.
- Candidates should print and keep a copy of application along with fee submission receipt. Applicants are required to send a hard copy of the application duly signed, without any enclosure/attachment(s).
- New pension scheme (applicable to organizations established on or after 01.01.2004) in accordance with Govt. of India norms as amended from time to time will be applicable to those appointed under this advertisement, wherever applicable. In case any applicant is already covered by the GPF and Old Pension Scheme, it can be considered for extension subject to fulfillment of requisite conditions.
- All degrees and research work must be in the discipline/area of specialization for which the post is advertised.
- Application submitted for a particular post is not transferable to any other post.
- Applications will be scrutinized by a Scrutiny Committee and a list of eligible/ ineligible candidates will be prepared on the basis of stipulated guidelines/criteria as decided by the University. The list of eligible and ineligible candidates will be uploaded on the University website after the scrutiny.
- The dates of interviews will be notified on the University website and the same will be communicated through email (as provided in the application form) to the shortlisted candidates. Any change of correspondence address/ email/ phone from the one given in the application form should be immediately communicated to the University. No Correspondence will be made with applicants who are not shortlisted /not called for interview.
- Request for conduct of interview through Telephone/Video Conference/Skype etc., will not be considered.
- Wherever applicable, the University reserves the right to restrict the period of tenure prescribed.
- Candidates must bring all original Degree Certificates, Mark Sheets, Certificates relating to Age, Reserved Category, Experience, Publications, API score etc. at the time of interview. In case any candidate fails to submit the original certificates/documents for verification,, he/ she shall not be allowed to appear for the interview and his/her candidature shall be treated as cancelled without any further communication in this regard.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending interview before the selection committee. However, outside candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD categories will be admissible for second class sleeper rail fare (shortest route), and in case any station is not connected by rail, subject to production of original tickets, ordinary bus fare(shortest route) shall be paid as per the guidelines of the UGC/ Govt. of India rule. Extra charges (if any) incurred for reserving seat/sleeping berth in the train will not be reimbursed to the candidates.
- No accommodation will be provided in the University Guest House for attending the Interview.
- Candidates are required to have valid personal email ID/mobile number while before online, which should be kept active during the process of recruitment. The Pondicherry University will send call letters for interview through the registered email ID or the same may be downloaded from the designated portal.
- Every person appointed permanently to a post in the University by direct recruitment, shall be on probation in such post for a period of one year in the first instance, provided that the appointing authority may, in any individual case, extend the period of probation to such extent as it may deem necessary, the reasons thereof to be recorded in writing.
- Information uploaded on the University Website shall not be provided to the candidate under RTI Act, 2005. The uploaded information on the University Website shall remain for a specific period only. Therefore, the candidates are advised to download the information and keep them for future reference. During the recruitment process, neither any application under RTI Act, 2005 shall be entertained nor information shall be provided. Factual information under RTI Act shall be provided only after declaration of final result and completion of entire recruitment process of this notification subject to condition. Reply shall not be provided for any inferential or speculative question.
- The panel of selected/waitlisted candidates will be valid for one year from the date of approval by the competent authority and University shall make appointments on consequential/ new vacancies.
- The character of a person for direct recruitment to the service must be such as to render him/her suitable in all respect for appointment to the service. Persons dismissed by the Union Government or by a State Government or by a Local Authority or a Government Corporation owned or controlled by the Central Government or State Government on any occasion will be deemed to be ineligible for appointment.
- Candidates serving in private institutions are not eligible for pay protection, in case of their selection and joining.
- The University reserves its right to have different scrutiny criteria for outstanding candidates.
- The University shall process the applications entirely on the basis of information/documents submitted by the candidates. In case the information/documents are found to be false/incorrect by way of omission or inclusion, the responsibility and liability shall lie solely with the candidate.
- All certificates, which are not in English or Hindi, need to be translated preferably to either English or Hindi and the same shall be self-attested.
- PONDICHERRY UNIVERSITY will not be responsible for any loss of e-mail, loss of any communication due to wrong address provided by the candidate, unsuccessful transaction by Payment Gateway etc
- Selected candidates may be posted at any place in the jurisdiction of the University.
- In case of any dispute, any suite or legal proceeding against the University, the territorial jurisdiction shall be Madras High Court, Chennai.
- The University reserves the right to Revise / Reschedule / Cancel/Suspend/withdraw the recruitment process without assigning any reason. The decision of the University shall be final and no appeal in this regard shall be entertained.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of interview may also be filled up from the available candidates. The number of positions is thus open to change
- The University reserves the right to fill or not to fill any post. The University also reserves the right to offer temporary or contract appointments against the advertised posts.
- Canvassing in any form is prohibited and will be treated as a disqualification for the post.
- It will be open to the University to consider names of suitable candidates who may not have applied. Nominations of highly qualified candidates from very well established Academics/Research Institutions, etc., will also be considered. The University also reserves the right to relax minimum qualifications marginally in case of otherwise highly qualified candidates.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the University shall be final
- The University reserves the right to alter/insert any corrections/additions in the advertisement/website in the event of any typographical error before the last date prescribed for the receipt of applications.
- Submission of proof is mandatory with reference to the information given in the application, wherever required and also for the information provided in the Appendix-II / PBAS Proforma as per UGC regulations.